Our journey raising two children on the Autism Spectrum had taken us down a path of trying to find community-based facilities that allowed our children to play with their peers and have their unique sensory needs fulfilled, all while understanding the behaviors that come hand in hand with developmental disabilities.
After countless failed attempts to find an accepting environment, Cassidi went to work to obtain funding to build a sensory room in our home. In 2015, we finally received the funding and equipment the boys needed. However, it quickly became apparent that while the equipment itself was great, there were no opportunities for socialization. Our desire to find an inclusive environment that understood our children and allowed them to engage in play with their peers continued and ultimately led us to We Rock the Spectrum. We are beyond excited to bring this unique opportunity to so many deserving families in the greater Kansas City area.
Our goal is to provide a place where children with and without disabilities can engage in sensory based play in an environment where parents do not feel they need to explain or defend their child’s disability or behaviors.
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination
Meet the Jobe’s!
Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
sensory based play in anenvironment
Meet Our Staff